Rose Hip oil is a vegetal oil with great properties for the conventional medicine and aesthetics. It is extracted from the seeds of a wild shrub from the rose family (Rosa Moschata or Rosa Rubiginosa). Even though it is a plant native from Europe, we can also find it in the south of Andes, especially in Chile and Argentina. Its composition with numerous essential fatty acids (omega-6 acid omega-3, linoleic), antioxidants and vitamins (retinol –vitamin A- , vitamin C, E) turns it into an essential oil in our home.
As its main virtues, we will mention the most important ones:
- It delays the premature ageing signs due to the amount of antioxidants and vitamins that it has.
- It helps reducing stretch marks and skin spots. The fatty oils of the Rose Hip will clearly improve the pigment, texture, and tone of the skin.
- It fights against the photo-ageing effects.
- It rehydrates dry skin.
The Rose Hip is rich in vitamin A, which makes the levels of moisture of our skin improve and creates a barrier of impermeability that prevents a big loss of water, which also keeps the skin much more moisturized.
- It reduces the surgical and accidental scars.
The essential fatty acids that Rose Hip has help healing the scars and regenerate the tissues.
- It improves the regeneration of the skin in burns.
In a research carried on in 1996 by JF Oliver on 90 patients that had suffered from burns and to whom he applied Rose Hip for 4 months, the results where advanced improvements in the 97% of the cases.
Organic Rose Hip Oil certified by Ecocert.